My life in Berkeley, CA for the summer :)

In case you are interested, I can tell you about the exciting things I am doing this summer (away from Rice, sadly…):
I am at the University of California, Berkeley – the Golden State! The weather is FANTASTIC here, 65 degree average, no humidity — basically, the opposite of Houston. I am with the Amgen Scholars Research Program, a 10 week summer research program, and I’ll be here until August 6th.

I work in a bioengineering lab, and I’m currently doing research on developing a microarray platform to perform single-cell cancer analysis to help find out which cancer drugs are effective and how to develop better drugs for therapy. The work is really exciting, and I might be spending a bit too much time in lab (10-12 hour work days..). The people here are fantastic as well, really nice, and there are a ton of hippies. 🙂 There is just no other city where you feel out of place when you don’t have a tie-dye shirt!

I’ve been trying to explore a bit around the area – I biked across the Golden Gate bridge and around San Francisco on Sunday (6/26), and that was fantastic. And today, unfortunately, no exploring for me – I had my 2.5 hr GRE class tonight – trying to get that done this summer!

This entry was posted in My life. Bookmark the permalink.