Mid-summer

Things at Rice are sounding pretty good so far….lots of new renovations with food options on campus, and there is plenty of construction going on over the summer so that things can be perfectly in place when all the students come back on campus in August! I’m really excited about the new convenience store and Droubi’s (let me know what your thoughts are on that by leaving a comment here or sending me an email!).

There is a lot of commotion going on for planning and preparing for O-week – only a few more weeks to go!! RPC will have some exciting surprises for us when we all get back on campus, and O-week festivities should be spectacular. If you are a new student coming to Rice, be prepared for the most exhilarating time of your life!!!

A few words of wisdom to the new students:
– Relax this summer – don’t try to worry about studying or preparing for classes, you’ll have plenty of time to do that during the school year. And don’t worry, everyone is in the exact same boat you are, so you all come in together and find out that you have a lot more in common than you thought!
– Use facebook: it’s a great place to creep on your fellow college buddies and new students, and meet at least a few new faces.
– Tie up all the loose ends at home at least a week before coming to O-week – it’s quite a hectic (and fabulous!) time here, so you won’t have free time to do much else or take care of things back home. Try to come with a free and happy “spirit” so that you can enjoy every minute of it!
– Freak out your parents by sneaking out and camping in the backyard without telling them, until they notice you are missing….

Thoughts? Questions? Ideas? Advice on what to do as a new student? Send me an email or facebook message (sapres@rice.edu), and I’d be happy to talk!

This entry was posted in My life. Bookmark the permalink.