Starting up the new year

Welcome back to Rice! This semester is going to go by fast, so let’s make the most of it.

In case you were wondering what I did over the winter break, I traveled to Greece with my parents and visited family for 2 weeks. The trip was fabulous, filled with good food, and completely unproductive. My most memorable moments were 1) New Year’s Eve with cousins – staying out until 6 am, and 2) staying at my grandmother’s house with no central heating when it was 32 degrees outside – using a wood burning furnace is quite an adventure!

First Senate meeting of 2012 was this Monday, and our discussion topic was Waitlisting. A lot of you had great comments about ways to improve the process, so there will be a Working Group formed on addressing those issues with the Registrar. Contact Nick (Jones Senator) at njr2@rice.edu if you’re interested.

A few fun things happening this week:
– Wednesday (today!): IM Field Lighting Ceremony at 7 pm (behind Rec Center) – there will be 1,000 cupcakes to celebrate the event! Come join!
– Thursday:

• Spring Involvement Fair (12-4 pm, RMC) – come by the SA booth to buy a new shirt!
  • Student Center Open House (12-4pm) – Prizes, samples, freebies
  • Athletic Forum with President Leebron and Rick Greenspan – talking about the future of Rice athletics and the new football facility (6:30 pm, Stude Concert Hall)
This entry was posted in Rice Updates. Bookmark the permalink.